hollyberry knits

Saturday, August 07, 2004

Knitting in August

I've finished my second felted purse and am about to start on my third! I've almost completed the luscious cotton angora little girl's sweater as well. Just the ribbing around the front remains. What a pleasure that has been to work on! That's a photo to post for another day.

I'm afraid I've found another obsession. That seems to be the theme for this summer. I've always wanted to spin yarn and decided to start doing just that. I've got a small amount of roving, a drop spindle and a fabulous new spinning wheel. After watching the video and trying the wheel, it was a bit fast for this beginner, so I started with the spindle. I have a few feet of rather uneven yarn, but it did seem to get more smooth as I spun, so I'm hopeful. I've located a local guild and plan to contact the people involved and see about joining or at least finding a class. How much fun can I have this summer? Well, since it's nearing the end, I may just have to let it spill over into the fall!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home