hollyberry knits

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Felted Fun

Who but a knitter would prefer a cool, damp summer?  I've capitalized on this season's weather to knit past spring and tackle a felted, beaded purse.  It came from the book Knit One, Felt Too which I borrowed from the library, then fell in love with and just had to have a copy of my own.  It's full of quick and easy projects which of course are all felted.  My purse was knitted using Brown Sheep yarn in wool and mohair.  I finished it in 2 days which is completely out of character for me, but it was addictive.  Double strands made it move quickly and I enjoyed using one of my circular needles from a vintage kit I recently purchased.  Not being a beader, I don't know how well the beads will stay on, but time will tell!  I hope to post pictures soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home