hollyberry knits

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Fabulous Purple Haze

We know a little girl who is celebrating a birthday soon - my husband's grand-daughter.  She has dark coloring and is just beautiful.  So when I spotted Debbie Bliss' cotton angora yarn made up in that Lola sweater, I had to make it.  We chose a lucious periwinkle for the color.  Anyone who sees me knitting it has to touch it.  As the piece gets bigger, the angora haze shows more and more.  What luxury.  I keep knitting and knitting, almost hating to put it down at all.

Daughter's rollneck sweater is completed:  Hooray!  I look forward to seeing her wear it in the fall.

I replaced the beads which had fallen off my felted purse.   Pesky, expensive things.  I used a different kind of fiber to attach them and tied them individually this time.  So far, so good.  I went to the yarn shop today with 3 friends, very novice knitters, who want me to teach them how to make the purse.  Fun trip but I hope I'm up to the instruction.  It was an easy pattern, but I've never shown anyone how to knit before.

I'm starting to plan some Christmas knitting.  Late for me, but I'm a newly regenerated knitter.  Finishing that purse in 2 days was very empowering.  Now that I've skipped around from one topic to another and displayed the state of my tired and scattered brain, I believe I will take my Debbie Bliss project to bed with me!

1 Comments:

At February 16, 2007 at 7:27 PM, Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Love your purses.. I have just finished two of my first felted projects and I loved it..
Penny
http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home